Student Veterans-Nebraska

LB 740 provides any veteran who has been off active duty person for 2 years or less and separated under honorable conditions, or spouses and dependents of such veterans,  with in-state tuition at any public college or university.  Does not apply to veterans who qualify for Yellow Ribbon Program.  Veteran must provide evidence of becoming a citizen of the state.

Nebraska National Guard Education Assistance Program:
75% of tuition paid at state supported college/university or technical college. Up to 75% of University of Nebraska-Lincoln undergraduate resident charge paid to select private college/university and technical schools. Tuition waiver limited to state resident rate.
Eligibility: National Guard enlisted service member. Service member has to be working towards the first BA degree only. No more than 1,200 members will be granted tuition assistance during any State fiscal year (1 July – 30 June).

Nebraska Postsecondary Career Schools and Veterans Education
301 Centennial Mall South
PO Box 94987
Lincoln, NE 68509-4987
Phone: 402-471-4825
Fax: 402-471-8127

Sources: Student Veterans of America, American Legion